BVG India Deploys AWS for Disaster Recovery
BVG India Limited, founded in 1997 by Mr. Hanmantrao Gaikwad, is a responsible and forward-thinking company that seeks to support India’s entire development. By 2030, the BVG group hopes to make a positive difference in the lives of ten million people through empowerment, employment, and education.
Challenges Related to Order Processing
BVG’s Disaster Recovery (DR) system was on the verge of failure. For disaster recovery, they used onsite infrastructure servers, which lacked the flexibility they would have needed. As a result, they lost all of their data.
Solutions we Offered
By working through the night through its 24/7 delivery centre, AeonX came up with a solution to fix the production server. It was accomplished by proposing the following structural changes:
- By hosting Disaster Recovery on the cloud, we minimise downtime and data loss, utilising affordable storage, minimal computing, and point-in-time recovery methods of cloud-based applications.
- Review of monthly costs using AWS Trusted Advisor and, if necessary, recommendations to optimize the cost of instances.
- Recommended to turn off the preload option when setting up replication between primary and secondary instances. By deactivating this option, duplicated data is not loaded into memory of the secondary HANA instance, so the secondary instance does not require the same amount of memory. Lowering costs while ensuring fail-safe protection.
- By using scripting, we were able to automate the DR monitoring and DR health status.
- With the scripting automation technique, BVG are given real-time notifications; this allows them to be informed of any problems immediately and take swift action.